Call
(818) 869-0349
Contact
info@proveerclothing.com
Store info

Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm

by appointment only

Directions

305 9th St. #224 Los Angeles CA 90015 

305 9th St. #224 Los Angeles CA 90015 

Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm

by appointment only

· · · Comments

The Fast Fashion Crisis

· · · Comments

With Americans throwing away about 13 million pounds of clothing every year, and charity shops like Goodwill and The Salvation Army only being able to sell 20% of used clothing where does the other 80% go? Landfills and incinerators, creating toxins and pollution because the process of making clothing especially low cost requires many toxic chemicals that are not biodegradable. Fashion is moving at a fast pace and we just can't seem to keep up with it, trends are coming out more frequently creating this need to buy more often. Large companies are now making high quantities of inexpensive clothing in sweatshops in places like Bangladesh and Cambodia. The employees work in horrific situations with extremely poor wages. These items tend to be of poor quality and meant to not last so the customer can consume again and again. Its a vicious cycle,  ‘Fast isn’t free – someone somewhere is paying’ It’s also clear that the environment is suffering too' -Kate Fletcher (textile consultant.)

Attached are some interesting articles on Fashion Fashion. 

 

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/08/473513620/what-happens-when-fashion-becomes-fast-disposable-and-cheap

https://www.trustedclothes.com/blog/2016/09/05/fast-fashion-landfills/

Image by Trusted Clothes Blog